Wednesday, August 25, 2010

5 Examples Of Salt Water

I tested: the bite of cat ... and its consequences

In a nice BBQ at my sister, we notice an intruder animal: a young cat, with necklace, very handsome, very athletic. My sister told me that he often comes in their garden and good love cats as I am, as everyone (except our men), I will cherish. It then goes a bit further and was joined by my goddaughter who is 5 years. I approach my hand to give him a pat on the head and there Paf! he bites me! And attention, no small mordillette: it plunge her four sharp teeth in the fleshy part of my left hand just below the thumb. The pain is rapid and it's hard to restrain myself from crying ... same time I'm glad they like me bite me and not my goddaughter ...

It bleeds a little and gave me four beautiful teeth holes. Désinvection dressings. I tell myself that things will and do not show it to go to a doctor, unlike my sister who thinks that is better.

The next day, I still hurt but neither more nor less than yesterday, minor wounds ooze a little, but nothing nasty. By cons, comparing my two hands, I notice that it's still very swollen!

I therefore resolves to go and show it to my doc, purely precautionary.

She also told me that I did well, cleans wounds and put me on antibiotics to prevent infection. She is also a reminder of tetanus because I can not find my immunization record and it is also a great precaution in case of animal bite (their mouth is in general not very clean ...) and I advised to call the Health Service in my town to see if I should also get vaccinated against rabies ...

And yes, I have to do it! Even if there are no cases in our region, even if the cat is a cat that has everything indoor air (we have not yet returned to the master) and he has probably been vaccinated against rabies.

The doctor I am on the first injection of a series of three, about a month ...

For a simple little bite, I find myself with a mini-edema in his left arm had tetanus vaccine more beautiful fatigue during two days ... three Mondays (my day off) taken by the rabies shots ... not least, I can not give my blood or my plasma (something I used to do regularly) for a year because of the risk of rabies ...

'll teach me to want to cherish all animals that I meet ... especially cats ... I'm used to it and know them well yet ...
PS: The photo illustrating this article is not that of my little attacker, but that my (nice) ;-) cat Doom


0 comments:

Post a Comment